Sunday 10 February 2013

Early days in Gua Musang Part 4

It’s been past one week since I moved to this place. Yet I haven’t suited well with the place. I enjoy my work though. Work starts at 8am and finish at 5pm, if I’m not oncall. On Thursday we finish work at 3.30pm. We have a lunch break from 1-2pm but it seems like everybody only comes back to work at 2.30pm. During lunch break the doctors oncall will cover the hospital. Turns out that there are actually 7 doctors including me working in the hospital. We only have general male ward (ward 2A), general female ward (ward 2B) which also accommodates paediatric patients (children), a labour room which only accommodate normal SVD (normal childbirth)—thank god- and a a refeeding ward (first time I ever heard of it).

Ward 2a and 2b each can accommodate up to 20 patients each, while labour room and the refeeding ward, I’m not sure of them. Hehe. I’m in charge of the A&E and ward 2a. Most of the patients in the refeeding ward are malnourished Orang Asli (aborigins) children. This is the first time I encounter malnourished patients since I started working past 2 years. And honestly I suck in its management and always got blurred each time I have to attend such patients. Obviously I need to read more about these stuffs, how to calculate feeding for malnourished children etc etc. And in this place, there are lots of malaria and leptospirosis cases. I rarely treat patients with malaria and leptospirosis and malnourishment in Klang Hospital. The kind of cases I have there are diabetes, hypertension and other “luxurious” illness. Hahaha!! But this is kind of interesting because, whether I like it or not, I have to know how to handle these cases.

My first day at the A&E was kind of funny. I’m so used to walking around doing a lot of things in the A&E in HTAR even when I was working as an MO. But here the condition is very different. I was so agitated of doing nothing. The red zone is much much less busier than the blue zone in HTAR. So can you imagine the yellow, green and blue zone here? HEAVEN. My colleagues said we do have serious cases like major accidents, MI, and so on but maybe so far I’m just anti-jonah in here. Hehehe….

But the one thing I don’t like here is we have to do autopsy. Seriously I hate forensics. I hate the smells. And apparently we do have autopsy at least once a month. What the hell??!!

Apart from work, life is just so so. I found some good neighbours, and make friends with them. Although I’m not yet close to my colleagues, so far they’re ok. But I’m just so bored in here. Last Thursday I made a last-minute decision to go back to klang when I learnt that my brother has one week school holiday and he wants to spend the holiday at his grandmother’s house. So off I went with him after work. I could make it in 4 hours from here to KL that include a 30minute stop for dinner, and another 45 minutes from kl to klang. I came back to gua musang this morning. I reached here at 2 am after 4 hours drive ALONE without my brother. Honestly I was scared and I only stopped twice to take a pee and for petrol. But thank god I came back in one piece. Although the visit to klang was just a while, I feel much better coz I could go back home. My own home.

I don’t know why, but I’m just counting days to go back to klang again. I mean to go back for good. I just want to wait until july or august then ask for a transfer back to klang, and hopefully I can get it just in time when my brother finish his SPM exam. I’m so homesick, I miss my family, I miss my friends, and I miss my home. And also I miss him…

But while I’m still here, I will make do what I have and bear with it. I hope things will get better and very soon I’ll be back in my own home… for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... FREE URL Submission - Submit your site to dozens of top search engines for FREE. No strings attached!